[
Monday, September 05, 2005
. swamped.]
I'm more than swamped by readings. The list goes on and on and before this week's work is done, next week's work is well on the way and it all backlogs and accumulates like nobody's business. My sense of urgency sometimes just doesn't keep up with the increasing amount of work. My inertia is directly proportional to the acceleration of lecture content I have to slog through to understand, the endless number of readings I have to do, the tutorials to prepare and let's not talk about the quizzes, assignments and projects. Talk about procrastination.
Perhaps harping on my i-should-be-happy-that-i'm-still-studying-life isn't gonna help much. But I just love to complain. Don't you? =D
*groan* READINGS....
Oh! I watched Betrayal with Jas on Sunday night...=) I guess we both agreed that the content was a little dense...and perhaps the theme/message of the play was a little lost on us... (we just refuse to acknowledge that we're old enough to understand the pains and emotional baggage of a somewhat broken marriage. Self-realisation/enlightenment is inversely proportional to age in this case. Just in this case. Mind you.) We sat RIGHT IN FRONT. Thanks dad. It felt pretty good being that close to the actors. I could see every single expression. =D
It was a good night-out. We managed to catch up while stuffing ourselves (alright, we were savouring.) with Thai cuisine. (This was before the play.) Haha. Glass noodles, prawns, seafood....TOUFU!! ohh...toufu was nice...=) Next time I'll go with a really empty stomach so I can finish up my food. My glass noodles was wasted on me. =(
But eating was fun. So was talking. It's always nice to catch up with friends you can be really comfortable with -- whom you can joke with and when your joke falls flat, you're okay with that cos you know it would be soon when she will do the same. Haha. (I'm kidding, Jas. You know you're funnier than me. =D) Let's do this again soon. This time, we'll choose a laugh-out-loud, sadistic murder comedy, so we can at least pretend to identify with the play. Haha.
I'm still bogged down. By readings. And why am I not feeling guilty about being online and not doing my work. Drats.
Alright. That's it for this post.
---stronger, than yesterday---
i blogged today at 11:57 pm
<< Home
------